Back to the Basics of YUM
- 1 cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or spelt flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (Himalayan salt or sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (from2 medium peeled carrots)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (from 1 medium banana)
For the muffins: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside 24 mini silicone muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and egg. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the grated carrot, grated zucchini, and banana.
Using 2 small spoons, fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter and bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Cool the muffins completely, about 30 minutes and enjoy.
End Product: Deliciousness